INFORMATION WE COLLECT
The Slightlys will collect and use information you provide to us or that we learn from your use of this Website. We do not share personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. We may share your personal information where it is necessary for us to complete a transaction or do something you have asked us to do. Whenever we may need to share your personal information, we try to provide you with the information you need to make informed choices.
We collect and use personal information from you in several ways:
- Online Contests. We use the personal information you provide only for the purpose of contacting you if you win a prize and sending the prize to you. In addition, you expressly consent to receive periodic emails when signing up for a contest, as stated in our contest rules. For further information about how we handle entries to a particular contest, please consult the contest rules. All contests are limited to persons above a certain age. Accordingly, we will ask each contestant to provide year of birth, as well as name, address, and email address. Please refer to the specific age requirements for each contest as rules may vary from contest to contest.
- Optional Information. The Slightlys uses this information—such as interests, hobbies—to enable us to better understand our users and to update you about new promotions, albums, or products, or to send you newsletters and other communications and materials relating to The Slightlys, the Website, or the Services. This direct marketing will only come from The Slightlys.
- Website Usage. The Slightlys use this collected or logged information to diagnose website technical problems, to facilitate your use of the Website, or to track aggregate traffic patterns throughout the Website.
- Online Transactions. If we offer you the opportunity to purchase products online and you choose to purchase such products, you may be asked to share personal information in addition to the information provided to create a user account, such as credit card information, in order to complete a transaction. In addition, you may be asked for information needed to complete your order, contact you to confirm the order, and provide related customer service. This information is used, for example, to effect your transactions, to create and share aggregate reports about these transactions, and to perform credit fraud screening services for transactions between you and The Slightlys and/or our authorized service providers. We may also use your information as permitted by law to perform credit checks, or to report or collect debts owed.
- Public and Shared Areas. Any information and other Content (as defined in the The Slightlys Terms of Service) disclosed in public areas of the Website will become public information. We cannot control the use of information or other Content disclosed in public forums, such as bulletin boards, news groups, communication facilities and chat rooms. You should exercise caution when disclosing information in these public areas and should refrain from disclosing your personal information in such areas. Please remember that any information or other Content that is disclosed in these areas, including your name, becomes available to others and you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose your personal information. THE SLIGHTLYS TREAT ANY MESSAGE BOARD POSTINGS, FEEDBACK, EMAILS OR SUGGESTIONS AS NON-CONFIDENTIAL AND NON-PROPRIETARY. IF YOU CHOOSE TO USE YOUR REAL NAME, YOUR NAME WILL BE AVAILABLE TO AND VIEWABLE BY ANYONE USING THE WORLD WIDE WEB AND/OR USING A SEARCH ENGINE.
The Slightlys do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to register. If you are under 13, you should not attempt to register for the Website or Services or send information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, or email address. No one under age 13 may provide any personal information to or on the Website. If a child under 13 submits information through any part of the Website without verification of parental consent, and we learn the person submitting the information is a child or such consent has not been verified, we will attempt to delete this information as soon as possible. Because we do not knowingly collect any personal information from children under 13, we do not use or disclose such information to third parties.
No data transmissions over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Consequently, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us and you do so at your own risk. We use reasonable security measures (SSL) to protect data transmissions. However, please note that this is not a guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed by breach of such measures. The Slightlys are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
You understand and acknowledge that, even after removal, copies of your information or Content posted by you may remain viewable in cashed or archived pages or if other users who you permitted to access your information have copied or stored your information.
If The Slightlys learns of a security systems breach we may attempt to notify you electronically so you can take appropriate protective steps. By using this Website or providing personal information to us, you agree we can communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy and administrative issues relating to your use of the Website. We may post a notice directly on our Website if a security breach occurs. If this happens, you will need a web browser enabling you to view the Website. In these circumstances, The Slightlys may also send you an email at the address you have provided on this Website. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing. To receive free written notice of a security breach (or to withdraw your consent from receiving electronic notice) you should notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
INTERNATIONAL VISITORS AND CUSTOMERS
LINKS TO THIRD-PARTY SITES
This Website may contain links to third-party sites, however, please be aware that The Slightlys are in no way responsible for and cannot control the privacy practices of these other sites. We encourage you to read the privacy policies for these other sites, as they may differ from ours.
WE HAVE NOT REVIEWED ALL OF THESE THIRD PARTY SITES AND ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THESE SITES, THEIR CONTENT OR THEIR PRIVACY POLICIES. WE IN NO WAY ENDORSE OR MAKE REPRESENTATIONS ABOUT THEM, OR ANY INFORMATION, PRODUCTS OR MATERIALS FOUND THERE, OR ANY RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM USING THEM. IF YOU DECIDE TO ACCESS ANY OF THE THIRD-PARTY SITES LINKED FROM THE WEBSITE, YOU DO SO AT YOUR OWN RISK.
When you provide The Slightlys with personal information, you agree that we may communicate with you by email or otherwise, including to send marketing communications from us or from verified third parties. For marketing communications, we generally try to communicate by the method and on topics of your choosing. Generally, when we contact you, we will try to provide you with an easy and convenient way to notify us if you would not like further similar communications.
Effective Date: August 21, 21014